In memory of our relatives, fellow villagers, refugees and soldiers who fell victim to the acts of war and national socialism as a result of WW2, the war graves in the cemeteries in the municipality of Aalten are marked with signs.
The cemeteries are:
- General cemetery Berkenhove (entrance Barloseweg) Aalten
- Old general cemetery Varsseveldsestraatweg Aalten
- Old Roman Catholic cemetery Piet Heinstraat Aalten
- Old general cemetery Prins Mauritsstraat Bredevoort
- Old Roman Catholic cemetery Bolwerkweg Bredevoort
- Old general cemetery Kerkhofstraat Dinxperlo
- Jewish cemetery Haartsestraat Aalten (panel with names of Jewish victims from the municipality of Aalten)
For an overview of locals who died as a result of acts of war or who played an important role during WW2, for example in the resistance, click here.